Notre Dame Day Social Media Sweepstakes
Prize: Four (4) $25 Gift Cards separately awarded daily starting April 14, 2015 through April 28, 2015
This website sets forth the Rules for the 2015 ND Day Social Media Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by the Development Office at the University of Notre Dame (“UND”). By submitting a social media comment using the designated hashtag of #NDDay and participating in the Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you understand the Rules, that you agree to the terms of the Rules, and that you agree to comply with all of the requirements of the Rules. The Rules are as follows:
- NO PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is the University of Notre Dame du Lac, 100 Eck Visitors Center, Notre Dame, IN, (574) 631-6000.
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to any individual age 18 or older.
- Gift Cards. Each winner will receive one (1) of four (4) $25 Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore Gift Cards.
- Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, the individual must submit a social media post using Twitter between April 13 – April 27, 2015, and the social media post must include the hashtag #NDDay as well as one of the following hashtags to designate the affinity category with which the individual identifies: (1) #LoveThee, (2) #NDparents, (3) #NDalumni, or (4) #NDfriend.
- Selection of Winner. One winner from each of the four affinity categories will be randomly chosen each day starting April 14 through April 28, 2015 from Sweepstakes social media posts received within the prior 24 hour period (12:00 AM - 11:59 PM on each of the 14 days between April 13 – April 28, 2015) that include #NDDay and one of the affinity hashtags. The tweets will randomly be selected using http://competitionagency.com/tweetdraw/ or http://woobox.com/ for selecting the winner. Winners will be notified by Direct Message to their Twitter handle within 2 business days of selection and directed to email (to the email address provided in the message) their preferred mailing address for receipt of their prize. If contact is not established with a selected winner within seven (7) business days of the initial drawing or if a selected winner declines the prize, the selection process will be repeated until a winner accepts the applicable prize.
- Taxes. Each prize winner shall be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes associated with his/her receipt of the prize, and should obtain his/her own tax advice regarding the tax implications of accepting any prize.
- No Substitutions, Cash Equivalents, Assignments, or Transfers. The winner shall have the option to accept only the prize awarded. The winner may not substitute the prize for another prize or receive a cash equivalent. The winner cannot assign or transfer to another person or entity the right to receive the prize from UND.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the prize are dependent on the number of participants in the Sweepstakes.
- Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless the University of Notre Dame and its trustees, directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you also agree that you shall not be entitled in any circumstance to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (if any) associated with participating in the Sweepstakes, and you waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Value of Prize. The approximate value of each prize is Twenty Five Dollars ($25.00). A total of fifty-six (56) prizes will be awarded during the Sweepstakes, with a combined value of One Thousand Four Hundred Dollars ($1,400.00).
- Miscellaneous. Noncompliance with these Rules may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation lack of significant participation, infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, UND reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes. UND also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.